They are not as sudden as we think
Have you ever see someone who just achieved their goals, and wish you were that someone who get what they wanted?
Someone who just closed that big project, or just got that million dollar deal?
I’ve come to realised that, those goals, those achievements, they are not as sudden as I used to think.
They are in fact, a result of activities that has been going on for a long time.
Many would love to think that getting successful is like a fairytale. You know, joined today, meet a miracle client tomorrow, and closed that million dollar deal the next day?
Unfortunately (or fortunately) that’s not how success works. I would say, fortunately that’s not how success works because, because success is not a miracle that simply happened to a chosen person, anybody could be successful. Term and conditions apply (as my colleague would love to say)
Anybody could replicate the success, provided, they are willing to persistent and consistently do what is right, from the get go? In what ever field we choose to be.
I’m in sales. And proud to be.
What would be doing the right things from the get go?
Waking up early everyday, for breakfast.
Arriving at my appointments at least half an hour earlier.
Never comes home before 5pm.
Always be on the field by 8am, even though I do not have any appointments.
On the day that my schedule is empty, do prospecting and get at least 20 new contacts for that day.
Be nice to all prospects, whether they want to be your client or not. Keep in touch.
Don’t do hard selling, be a consultant. Consultant consult, and let the prospect decides.
And list could go on and on, but I guess you could fill up the rest.
Many a times, the result that we see today, are actually the fruit of what we sow, from as long as many years ago.
So don’t get disheartened if you don’t get the “miracle” that you have been wishing for.
- Al
Someone who just closed that big project, or just got that million dollar deal?
I’ve come to realised that, those goals, those achievements, they are not as sudden as I used to think.
They are in fact, a result of activities that has been going on for a long time.
Many would love to think that getting successful is like a fairytale. You know, joined today, meet a miracle client tomorrow, and closed that million dollar deal the next day?
Unfortunately (or fortunately) that’s not how success works. I would say, fortunately that’s not how success works because, because success is not a miracle that simply happened to a chosen person, anybody could be successful. Term and conditions apply (as my colleague would love to say)
Anybody could replicate the success, provided, they are willing to persistent and consistently do what is right, from the get go? In what ever field we choose to be.
I’m in sales. And proud to be.
What would be doing the right things from the get go?
Waking up early everyday, for breakfast.
Arriving at my appointments at least half an hour earlier.
Never comes home before 5pm.
Always be on the field by 8am, even though I do not have any appointments.
On the day that my schedule is empty, do prospecting and get at least 20 new contacts for that day.
Be nice to all prospects, whether they want to be your client or not. Keep in touch.
Don’t do hard selling, be a consultant. Consultant consult, and let the prospect decides.
And list could go on and on, but I guess you could fill up the rest.
Many a times, the result that we see today, are actually the fruit of what we sow, from as long as many years ago.
So don’t get disheartened if you don’t get the “miracle” that you have been wishing for.
- Al
Comments
Post a Comment